Bachelor of Commerce in Banking & Insurance (BBI) - (Three-Year Degree Course)
(Prof- in-charge – Dr. S.S.Dhure )
Course co-ordinator – Prof. Syed Mubashar Hasan
The college started offering this Degree course in the same year as the University of Mumbai started it from the Academic year 2003-04.
Objective of the Course :-
- To create for the students of University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self employment and also to benefit Banks, Insurance companies and Industries by providing them with suitable trained persons in the field of Banking & Insurance.
- To prepare students to explore opportunities. being newly created. In the field of Banking and Insurance due to Globalization, Privatization and Liberalization.
- To give an adequate exposure to operational environment in the field of Banking & Insurance.
- To provide adequate basic understanding about the field of Banking and Insurance.
- To inculcate training and practical approach among the students by using modern technologies in the field of Banking and Insurance.
As per Circular No.UG/489 of 2004 , Dated 17th November, 2004 - A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance) degree course should have passed XII std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune, or its equivalent and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in the case of reserved category candidates) at one and the same sitting. Every candidate admitted to the degree course in the affiliated colleges conducting the course shall have to register enroll himself/herself with the University.
Duration of the Course and Related Information :
- The course shall be full time course. The duration of the course shall be six semesters spread over in the three years.
- For first year Available seats 120
- The Course shall consist of 38 subjects and 2 projects for 100 Marks over the period of six semesters.
- Total number of lecture per paper per semester shall be maximum of 60 each of 50 minutes duration.
**The students of reserved category should note that it is compulsory for them to fill up the Government of India Scholarship/Free-ship form before 31st August, every year to avail the Government of India Scholarship/Free-ship.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:-
Internal Assessment- 25 Marks
The allocation of 25 marks shall be as follows:-
1) Periodical Class Test / Presentations/ Viva Voce– 20 Marks
2) Group Discussion or Active participation in routine class instructional deliveries – 05 marks
Semester-end Examination – 75 Marks
Duration : This examination shall be of 2.5 hrs. The responsibility of Examination evaluation for the first four semesters shall rest with the College/Institution wherein the students are admitted for the course. The College/Institution shall carry out the internal assessment for the papers in semesters Vth and VIth while the university shall conduct the semester end examination for these two semesters. The internal assessment marks of the students appearing for Semester Vth & VIth shall be sent to the university by the respective College/ Institution before the commencement of the respective semester-end examination.
SCHEME OF MODULES
FYBBI SEMESTER - I
- Environment & Management of Financial Services
- Principles of Management
- Effective Communication – I
- Economics – I (Micro)
- Quantative Methods – (I)
- Introduction to Computer Systems
FYBBI SEMESTER - II
- Principles & Practices of Banking & Insurance
- Financial Accounting
- Effective Communication – II
- Economics – II (Macro)
- Quantative Methods – II
- Business Law
SYBBI SEMESTER - III
- Laws Governing Banking & Insurance
- Financial Management – I
- Management Accounting (Tools & Techniques, Focus on Banking & Insurance)
- Customer Relationship Management in Banking & Insurance
- Information Technology in Banking & Insurance
- Organizational Behaviors
- Taxation of Financial Service
SYBBI SEMESTER - IV
- Universal Banking
- Financial Management-II
- Innovation in Banking and Insurance
- Corporate laws and laws Governing Capital Markets
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Financial Markets (Equity, Debt, Forex and Derivatives)
- Cost Accounting of Banking & Insurance
TYBBI SEMESTER - V
- Marketing in Banking & insurance
- Financial Services Management
- International Banking & Finance
- Financial Reporting & Analysis (Corporate Banking & Insurance)
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
Click here to download Complete Syllabus of S.Y.BBI SEM III & IV
- Strategic Management (Banking & Insurance)
- Central Banking
- International Business (Banking & Insurance)
- Human Resource Management in Banking & Insurance
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Turnaround Management
- Special Studies in Banking & Insurance (Projects)